Friday, February 20, 2009

The Swill: Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale
The Still: The Old Brewery at Tadcaster
Tadcaster, England
http://www.merchantduvin.com/pages/5_breweries/samsmith.html
The Drill: Seasonal Winter Ale, 18.7oz bottle, 6.0% ABV, available during the winter months
The Spill: A fairly light winter ale, this one pours out a light caramel color. The easy European hops addition makes it floral and a bit sour, and many reviews give it a tea-like aspect. Fuller in flavor than most typical English ales, but not nearly the hearty winter ale that one might find in the States.
Says Bill: I grabbed this beer at the behest of my friend Tracy, who told me that she had had one and enjoyed it. It could only have been a month since I tried it, yet nothing really sticks in my mind about how it tasted. Therefore, I can't give it high marks, though I don't really recall anything bad about it, either.
Refill?: I guess so, if only to keep them in business so they can produce more Oatmeal Stout: 1.5 taps out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment