Monday, March 2, 2009

The Swill: Mojave Gold and Mojave Red
The Still: Indian Wells Brewing Company
Inyokern, California
The Drill: Mojave Gold: Lager, 12oz bottle, 4.4% ABV
Mojave Red: Lager, 12oz bottle, 5.5% ABV
The Spill: Equally as weak as their Blackout Stout, the Indian Wells Brewing Company offers up two more low-grade brews from their tanks. The Gold is the lighter of the two, pilsner-like in its inability to satisfy. The Red offers a bit more, slightly breadier and a tad more bitter. Both are hard to come by unless you're in a Whole Foods Market in Southern California, but neither one is worth hunting for.
Says Bill: The funny thing is, I've driven by the headquarters about a dozen times on my way to and from Bishop, and have always been curious to stop in and visit. It's always been on the weekends, and they've always been closed. The more stuff of theirs I try, however, the more I realize I don't think I'm missing much.
Refill?: Use it to water the cacti: Gold: 1 tap out of 5; Red: 1.5 taps out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment