Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Swill: Sam Adams White Ale
The Still: Boston Beer Company
Boston, Massachusetts
http://www.samueladams.com/
The Drill: White Ale/Seasonal Spring Ale, 12oz bottle, 5.2% ABV
The Spill: Rife with coriander and citrus rind, this beer exemplifies the classic Euorpean wheat beer. Somewhat piney and quite floral, the two characteristics meet in the middle to create an herbal quality. If you're into hefeweizens, give it a try.
Says Bill: This is the first time I've been disappointed by a beer in the Samuel Adams line, however, it's really not their fault. I just don't like this class of beer. The malt's not there, and neither is the hops. Rather, this fruity, herby thing is, with nothing else to back it up or rein it in. It's not what I look for in a beer. If you like the Rising Moon Spring Ale that I reviewed early on in my blog, you should love this one.
Refill?: As you may recall, I hated the Rising Moon: 1 tap out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment