Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Swill: Skinny Dip Beer
The Still: New Belgium Brewing Company
Fort Collins, Colorado
http://www.newbelgium.com
The Drill: Seasonal summer ale, 12oz bottle, 4.2% ABV, available during summer
The Spill: An extremely lightweight beer for summer, the goal in crafting this was to make a beer that was highly drinkable that still retained plenty of character. Brewed with kaffir lime leaves for a citrusy zing, the beer still falls short in body and integrity on this drinker's palate. Plenty of laypeople should enjoy knocking back a good many of these beers, however, during these warm summer months with their barbecues and pool parties.
Says Bill: I've never been one for the beer-plus-citrus fashion. Don't put a lemon in my hefeweizen or a lime in my lager. Save them for your nasty bottle of Corona. That being said, summer isn't a big time of year for me to go out and stock up on the seasonals. I admire New Belgium most of the time, but a few of their beers are far too light for me, and this is one of them. Their website is cool and worth reading. I learned there that New Belgium is the first wind-powered brewery, and each of their employees gain a vested ownership in the company upon their one-year anniversary. Plus a shiny new bicycle.
Refill?: I wouldn't get naked to drink it: 1.5 taps out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment