Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Swill: Golden Stone Amber Ale
The Still: Metolius Brewing Company
Portland, Oregon
no website available
The Drill: Amber Ale, 12oz bottle, 5.5% ABV
The Spill: There isn't much going on with this beer. At a scant 21 IBU, there certainly isn't any bitterness, though there isn't a whole lot of anything else, either. I suppose it's sweetish (not to be confused with Swedish, which it is not), but mostly, it's just wet. My friend Robert tried a bottle, and called it, "Just beer." That's about the best review I can give it.
Says Bill: I didn't take any notes when I drank this one, mainly because I was left with nothing to write. It's amber, and it's beer. There's not much else to write, really. I don't think I'll be trying any of their other beers, either. From the .pdf file I found online that listed their 5 available beers, I didn't receive much encouragement. When your IPA is 16 IBU, you don't have to come right out and say it's weak. The numbers speak for themselves.
Refill?: What does Metolius mean? I wonder if it's the name of the Greek God of boring beer: 1 tap out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment