Sunday, July 5, 2009

BEER FLASH UPDATE: KID ROCK BEER TO PREMIERE THIS MONTH





















Piss in, piss out: Anheuser-Busch urinal photo courtesy of Urinal.net

A few months back, I alluded to a rumor that Kid Rock was coming out with his own brand of beer, courtesy of Michigan Brewing Company and Drinks Americas Holdings, Ltd. It seems the time is drawing near for all of us to greet this beer on the retail shelves.

The first batches of Rock's "American Badass Beer" are in production now, and the beer will debut at a Kid Rock concert in Detroit's Comerica Park July 17. It's surely only a matter of time before it can be swilled down into indescriminate beer guts nationwide after that.

Why am I knocking the beer before I've even tried it? According to the article I read, Rock says that people who enjoy "premium beer" won't like it. "I want this to be like the beer I drink," he added, which, presumably, means that it won't taste premium. Sounds like I had it right from the beginning. Nevertheless, I'm sticking to my original promise to try the beer and review it here for you.

As much as it my suck for me. At least I'll be taking the hit so you don't have to.

Na Zdrowie,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment