Friday, February 13, 2009

The Swill: Firestone Pale 31 California Pale Ale
The Still: Firestone Walker Brewing Company
Paso Robles, California
http://www.firestonewalker.com/
The Drill: American Pale Ale, 12oz bottle, 4.8% ABV
The Spill: Pale 31 is a crisp, clean Pale Ale, big on flavor, yet surprisingly light on alcohol. It delivers an awakening hop flavor and aroma that makes you think it's higher in octane, and it serves to cut through strong flavors over dinner, when you might be having more than one. A good, solid beer for your average hop head.
Says Bill: I picked up a six of this over the summer of 2008 and brought it to a party at my buddy Frank's. His place doesn't have air conditioning, and the many other bodies in the room made it pretty stuffy. This beer cooled me off nicely without warming me up again with too much alcohol. In short, it's a great summer beer that's more than just a cold one.
Refill?: While I'm still easing my way into appreciating Pale Ales, it's good to have a reliable one in the stable: 2.5 taps out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment