Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Swill: Tiger Lager
The Still: Asia Pacific Breweries, Singapore
http://www.tigerbeer.us/
The Drill: Import Lager Beer, 11.2oz bottle, 5% ABV
The Spill: A safe, boring beer, brewed according to conventional commercial standards. Yellow and watery, with nothing more than a clean finish due to the fact that there's nothing left on the palate to sweep up after. They claim to have won awards, which I assume means they've starting letting Bud drinkers judge beer contests.
Says Bill: I was visiting June Lake, California, over Thanksgiving 2008 with my wife, stepdaughter and mom-in-law. We decided to stop and find a place with a bathroom, and we hit a place called the Tiger Bar & Cafe. They carried this beer because it shared their name, and I'm convinced that if it didn't, they'd drop it right off the menu. Thankfully, it has a little less than the standard 12 ounces of liquid in it so as not to prolong the suffering.
Refill?: Yeah, no thanks: 0.5 taps out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. I think I saw this stuff at the Filipino stinky market. Had it in my hand to try, but some nagging feeling made me decide to turn around and return to the shelf. Now I feel better that I did.

    ReplyDelete